There’s no need to buy breadcrumbs.
- They’re super easy to make
- No doubt you have random ends of bread laying around (if not, here is a reason to save them and not throw them away. I HATE wasting food)
- Making your own food cuts down on any of the added crap used in a lot of food we buy, like sugar or weird preservatives
Get creative! I use a variety of bread odds and ends. I had some gluten free sourdough, some random ends of a loaf of bread and went to town. There’s no right amount, and they do keep for a couple of weeks in an airtight container and in a dark spot. Or you can make a big batch and freeze them.
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Line a baking sheet/sheet tray with parchment paper
- Rip bread into somewhat even pieces
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until nice and golden brown
- Add to a food processor and pulse until crumbs are formed
NOTE – You can add a pinch of salt, onion powder, parsley, garlic powder, paprika or any other seasonings to your breadcrumbs at the food processor phase.