Makes 32 bite size cookies
When you get a dinner invite, you say yes and you make and bring chocolate chip cookies with sea salt. Or you make them should you have the munchies. Or both. You do you! Let’s just say, these are a crowd pleaser.
The key to these cookies is to put the sea salt on top almost immediately when they come out of the oven so it can sink and melt into the chocolate chips.
The beauty of vegan cookie dough is you can eat the batter!
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup non dairy milk
- 1 tbsp cornstarch/arrowroot/potato starch
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg or 1 vegan egg substitute
- 1 1/2 cup AP flour (or GF flour)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cups semi-sweet/non dairy chocolate chips
- Maldon sea salt for topping
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper (I did 2 cycles of baking, 3 sheets worth of cookies)
- Combine sugar, coconut oil non dairy milk and cornstarch/arrowroot/potato starch in a bowl. Stir well to combine
- Add vanilla extract and combine
- Add egg or vegan egg
- In a separate bowl, combine 3/4 cup flour, baking soda and salt and mix well.
- Add remaining flour mixture to wet mixture and combine. Then add 3/4 cup chocolate chips.
- With either a , spoon, tbsp or #20 scoop, place dough on cookie sheets, giving them a bit of space as they do spread when cooking. Add 3 chocolate chips to the top of each cookie, pressing down very slightly.
- Bake for 8 minutes, rotating once at 4 minutes.
- When you remove cookies from the oven, sprinkle Maldon sea salt over each cookie generously, making sure to get some in the melty chocolate.